Sometimes I get into arguments with people about some fairly interesting topics. Other times it's on stupid things they read on social media and swallow without a second thought. Here are some well written articles on interesting topics.
- What has happened down here is the winds have changed
- The death of behavioural economics
- Reconstruction of a Train Wreck: How Priming Research Went off the Rails
People fear new technology. GMOs interest me because they stand on the thin line between fascinating technology and scary dystopia. I think they are a powerful tool for humanity and research in them should be encouraged.
Cell phone 'Radiation'
There's more of this going around these days, with some geniuses linking 5G towers to COVID-19.
- My favourite post on Homeopathy, by the one-and-only Ben Goldacre.
- Why you can't trust Homeopathy
There are fortunately no stupid people in my immediate community who are vaccine-averse.
Assassinations foretold in Moby Dick - Show this to those people who keep finding hidden meanings in the Bible etc.
- Mark McCarron is his own internet rabbit hole. Here's an article of his on a Spam/Email alternative: We've found the perfect solution to spam • The Register. He's also written a cipher called crystalline. Read his comments to see how defensive and out of touch with reality he is.