I find it telling that the loudest proponents of Crypto are VCs who extol the virtues of a decentralized system while building and profiting from centralized solutions. Here are some links that align well with how I perceive crypto.
- Usenix | The Web3 Fraud - Mostly from the perspective of how painfully slow and inefficient the compute is.
- Web3? I have my DAOts - Nicely balances the FOMO that a self-respective engineer would have with a new technology with failings of crypto/NFTs.
- look what you made me do: a lot of people have asked me to make NFT games and I won’t because i’m not a fucking dumbass. now let me tell you why only a dumbass would get into NFT games - A game developers perspective on NFTs.
- Cryptocurrency is an abject disaster - From Drew DeVault, who is always worth reading.
- Bitcoin: The Postmodern Ponzi - Comparison to a Ponzi scheme.
- Blockchain and Trust - By Schneier.