🦠 COVID-19 References
I'm keeping a diary of interesting links to track the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Archive of a good bunch of links on SSC.
- A rationalist prepper. Articles like this helped me prepare about a month before shit hit the fan.
- Why You Must Act Now - Nice comprehensive article that was doing the rounds in the early days.
- Comprehensive arstechnica coverage.
- Why the whole test kit availability thing was messed up in the early days: they were tainted.
- Timeline of WHO's response.
- How New Zealand beat COVID-19.
- A nice summary of the Vaccine Protocols.
- A paper that was doing the rounds on Whatsapp was retracted.
- HCQ results after certain clowns made a big deal of it.
- Lack of clarity on remdesivir's effectiveness. It may be worse than doing nothing.
- Social media scrambling as always, fighting misinformation.
- Trying to predict the curve, way back in March.
- Some more scenarios, from March.
- Reasons for doubt: India under-reporting TB cases for years.
- So cruel :(. Politicians and corporations put worker rights last.
- India has an Integrated Disease Surveillance Program that is meant to handle epidemics like this. They had daily updates until COVID-19 hit, and ICMR stepped in instead.
- How to make even a fucking epidemic about religion.
- ICMR research that implies 7 lakh infected in a few districts, when the nation-wide count at that time was 3.4 lakhs (!!)